Thursday, November 02, 2006

My First Chicken Adobo

They say personal exigencies bring out one's best. As I found myself without any household help, I tried to feed myself with meals straight from the Purefoods or Century tuna factories. I was reeling from the after taste of tincan delicacies. It was driving me wild. I was Tintingtoy already! I always hated eating canned food on a regular basis- it was getting bland and and surely unhealthy.

With my grumbling stomach, i raided thee ref to scout for food. Good heavens! There are few cuts of chicken in the freezer. Thoughts raced in my head on how to cook it. Will be the usual oven toaster roasted chicken? Fried Chicken ala Andro? I wanted something different now- a dish whose preparation has eluded for sometime - Chicken Adobo. So I consulted the all knowing guru in the house - my Pldt Vibe internet connection. I surfed for the Chicken Adobo recipe and was surprised to see several -even those coming from non-Filipinos. After viewing several sites, i settled with this recipe (of course, with my own modifications):

Chicken Adobo

4 slices of chicken wings
1 cup of Soy Sauce
1/2 cup of Vinegar
2 cloves of garlic
2 table spoon of white sugar
1/4 moderately sliced onions
2 slices of fresh ginger
2 bay leaves
Dash of Pepper and Salt (but i desisted from putting salt)

1.) Place chicken in pan.
2.) Add 2 cloves of garlic and 2 slices of ginger.
3.) Add onion, bay leaves, soy sauce, white vinegar and dash of pepper.
4.) cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
5.) reduce heat to 150 degrees for 20 minutes.

I served the dish hot with steamed rice and ice cold diet Coke.Sarap!

My guinea pig Arik (thats my doctor bro) agreed that its a usually good Chicken adobo dish!Knowing Arik, I know I got my Chicken Adobo recipe made!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home